- Fine in appearance and hard wearing with excellent colour.
- A shade tolerant, low maintenance turf, with good disease resistance.
- A very successful mixture creating a high quality and durable turf.
1Kg Bag (covers 20 square metres – use 50g per square metre).
Highest quality all-purpose lawn seed.
Seeding a New Lawn
1. Dig or till to a 3-inch depth.
2. Rake to remove clumps and clods.
3. Smooth and level the surface.
4. Add compost, topsoil and fertilizer and work them into the soil.
5. Roll with a weighted lawn roller.
6. Spread the seed. To ensure even coverage, sow half of the seed in one direction and the other half at a right angle.
7. Rake and roll again.
8. Water frequently to keep the seeds moist (don’t saturate). Cut watering back to once a day when the grass reaches about 1 inch in height.
9. Mow when the grass reaches 2 1/2 inches – 3 inches.
10. After it’s been mowed three times, use a regular watering schedule of 1 inch per week.
Overseeding an Existing Lawn
To fill out an otherwise healthy lawn or to add extra green for the winter months, you can overseed:
1. Mow lower than usual.
2. Dehatch if needed or rake to thin the existing turf.
3. Aerate to reduce soil compaction.
4. Amend with compost.
5. Add fertilizer.
6. Apply seed.
7. Rake in loosely.
8. Top-dress with mulch or compost.
Free Delivery from Greenfingers is available on any product and to all customers in the BH postcode areas, when spending £15 or more. Orders below £15 are subject to a £5 delivery surcharge. Customers outside of these areas please Contact Us to discuss ordering and delivery options.
We aim to offer a polite, friendly, prompt and punctual delivery service! In addition our delivery staff will deliver your bags wherever you desire to save you the heavy lifting!
Be the first to learn about our latest products and get exclusive offers.